Three quarters of Americans experience symptoms related to stress in a given month. Stress impacts our lives in many ways from mental to physical symptoms. These 10 wellness tools are meant to give you healthy ways to deal with stress in your life and boost your overall well-being.
1) Connect with Others. People who feel connected are happier and healthier–and may even live longer.
2) Stay Positive. People who regularly focus on the positive in their lives are less upset by painful memories.
3) Get Physically Active. Exercise can help relieve insomnia and reduce depression.
4) Help Others. People who consistently help others experience less depression, greater calm and fewer pains.
5) Get Enough Sleep. Not getting enough rest increases risks of weight gain, accidents, reduced memory and heart problems.
6) Create Joy and Satisfaction. Positive emotions can boost your ability to bounce back from stress.
7) Eat Well. Eating healthy food and regular meals can increase your energy, lower the risk of developing certain diseases and influence your mood.
8) Take Care of Your Spirit. People who have strong spiritual lives may be healthier and live longer. Spirituality seems to cut the stress that can contribute to disease.
9) Deal Better with Hard Times. People who can tackle problems or get support in a tough situation tend to feel less depressed.
10) Get Professional Help if You Need It. More than 80 percent of people who are treated for depression improve.